Monday, May 19, 2008

Spirit of the Day


Today Turkey celebrates Children and War. Raspberry can't figure out the connection, ether; when I told her this, she stopped in the middle of the street and gave me that, 'Say what?'-look, then became detracted -insisting that I take her picture with the Mosque in the background. She's been obsessed with the Hadith about dogs or women being within a stones throw of the Qibla direction negating the power of pious devotion. She makes a big deal out of it every time we enter her "Sphere of Influence", then carries on about Dog spelled backwards, barking cryptic references to The Order of the Nose and some secrete smell guarded for generations. When I accused her of acting 'Holyer-than-Cow', she just said that I should just stick to holding the leash and she'll handle the comic relief.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness - that Rasberry, you must watch the Dog closely for signs of imperiosity (that is really a word, yes?)