Thursday, January 10, 2008

Relativity

Life got you down? Seem like the weight of the world is on your shoulders? -then take a look at this:



This gentleman was just getting up to speed, shortly before the recording. His transept of the plaza was punctuated by long pauses and fret-filled moments when the near by vapur/boat station would disgorge torents of rushing commuters sprinting for connecting otobüsler.

A wonder: what motivates someone -in the grip of such adversity- to journey on? Maybe all life is toil, a matter of perspective; but, when stopping by the market is akin to approaching K2, with routs label things like, "Assent of the Library Steps", there are questions to be asked.

And lessons.

1 comment:

AnimatedU said...

Looks like he can barely walk, because of age? I wonder if he has gout. I'm suffering from a flare-up now, in fact, so my mother is having to drive me to work. As for the guy's motivation, maybe money, hunger, and the need to defecate somewhere other than in public. Thats about all that motivates me when my gout is bothering me. Anyway, sad, I wonder if I'll have any resolve if I live to that age and have to walk like that all the time (in pain or not).

LB